I reach for this recipe whenever I crave spaghetti sauce but don't have the time to make my usual recipe.—Michelle Dommel, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pasta, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Add tomatoes and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve immediately over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes in Country Woman July/August 1996, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review