Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peppers; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- 2. Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- 3. Drain pasta. Top with sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cup: 560 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.