“I found this recipe years ago in an old Italian cookbook and made some changes to it,” explains Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. “It’s been one of our favorites since then. This fits the category of ‘quick, easy and delicious.’”
Featured In: 30-Minute Meals Your Family Will Love
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peppers; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta. Top with sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review