Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peppers; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta. Top with sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p54
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review