Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
This deep tomato-red sauce is sure to be a family favorite it you're looking for a low-carb, meatless pasta topping, relates Antoinette Ronzio of North Providence, Rhode Island. Made with roasted red peppers and a hint of cayenne pepper, it will add a veggie kick to your dinner table.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve sauce with pasta. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup: 73 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC