This deep tomato-red sauce is sure to be a family favorite it you're looking for a low-carb, meatless pasta topping, relates Antoinette Ronzio of North Providence, Rhode Island. Made with roasted red peppers and a hint of cayenne pepper, it will add a veggie kick to your dinner table.
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve sauce with pasta. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p48
Reviews for Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review