- 1-1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with reserved tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes
"Substitute goat cheese for cream cheese for those of us who are lactose intoleran!"
"For my taste, I added some other spices and a few family tricks. Ingredients I shuffled were the garlic and tomatoes. Also it was a good menu for us, with our mods. Also, my mom had a similar recipe but she used plum tomatoes, more olive oil and vermicelli pasta and lots less garlic. Her rendition was better."
"My family didn't like this. We ended up go out to eat that night. Something was missing and we all felt the tomato taste was too strong. Needed more flavor."
"I don't know why but my family did not care much for this--adding chicken would probably help but there was just something missing."