Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with reserved tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes(5)
Sort By :
Love that this is so simple & delish! Would be good with chicken added for those that need meat in every meal.
Ok, I tweaked this a little and LOVED IT. Plan on serving for guests this summer. Here's what I did:
10 oz cherry tomatoes
1 can of Italian diced tomatoes
All the rest the same and then added sliced blackened chicken on top. Sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Tried this and liked the flavor, but I skimped on the tomatoes and cream cheese ? didn't have it all in the fridge. So, the dish suffered, unfortunately. Would like to try it again. Loved the idea of roasting the tomatoes and garlic for flavor. This would be a great dish to use when my garden is bursting with cherry tomatoes!
My family really enjoyed this recipe! The cream cheese is a nice change in flavor for a tomato-based recipe and creates an appealing creamy texture. I used Neufchâtel cream cheese to cut down on the fat. I will add this to my frequently used pasta dish recipes.
Unfortunately, we tried this one for dinner tonight. After one or two bites we just scraped it into the trash. I don't know if our tomatoes just weren't that good or what but it was horrible.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Tomato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >