Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes
Here’s a simple sauce with just four ingredients, and it's savory enough for a fancy party. I use bowtie pasta, but penne works, too. — Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves
- with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16
- minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to
- package directions.
- Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with
- pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add
- cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large
- Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with
- reserved tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 441 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.