Here’s a simple sauce with just four ingredients, and it's savory enough for a fancy party. I use bow tie pasta, but penne works, too. — Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 1-1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with reserved tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review