Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
During the summer season, I like to prepare this pasta salad featuring garden-fresh tomatoes and basil. Fresh mozzarella adds a tasty touch.Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper;
- let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and
- rinse in cold water. Add to cheese mixture. Stir in basil and
- tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 574 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.