Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil Recipe
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Add to cheese mixture. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 574 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
"I tried this for dinner last night, and my husband and I both loved the cool, fresh flavor. It was very simple to make...we'll be making this one again!"