Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil Recipe
During the summer season, I like to prepare this pasta salad featuring garden-fresh tomatoes and basil. Fresh mozzarella adds a tasty touch.—Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Add to cheese mixture. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 574 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC