During the summer season, I like to prepare this pasta salad featuring garden-fresh tomatoes and basil. Fresh mozzarella adds a tasty touch.—Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Add to cheese mixture. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p236
Reviews for Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review