During the summer season, I like to prepare this pasta salad featuring garden-fresh tomatoes and basil. Fresh mozzarella adds a tasty touch.—Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Add to cheese mixture. Stir in basil and tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p236
Reviews for Pasta with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"I tried this for dinner last night, and my husband and I both loved the cool, fresh flavor. It was very simple to make...we'll be making this one again!"