Pasta with Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Add the tomatoes, parsley, onion, bay leaves, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Add basil. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 204 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.