- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Add the tomatoes, parsley, onion, bay leaves, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Add basil. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Marinara Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p41
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review