Pasta with Greens N Beans Recipe
In East Rochester, New York, it takes Kathleen Majewski just minutes to get this fast and flavorful pasta combination on the table. "It's a snap to prepare when you brown the sausage while the noodles are cooking," she reports.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta (3 cups)
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in escarole, beans and broth. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until escarole is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Greens N Beans
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC