Pasta with Greens N Beans Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta (3 cups)
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in escarole, beans and broth. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until escarole is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 300 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.