Pasta with Greens N Beans Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta (3 cups)
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in escarole, beans and broth. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until escarole is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Greens N Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p22
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pasta with Greens N Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review