Pasta with Garlic Oil
My family is Italian, and this is one of our old faves with plenty of garlic, mushrooms and herbs. To help the sauce adhere, don’t rinse the pasta in water after you drain it. —Pamela Vittori, Chicago Heights, Illinois
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil. Stir in the
- mushrooms, olives, basil, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Cook for
- 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over
- pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Yield: 5 servings.