Pasta with Fresh Vegetables Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh plum tomatoes
- 5 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add the garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broccoli, squash, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pasta with Fresh Vegetables
Sort By :
This was a really good recipe everyoine loved it.Parboiled the tomatoes to remove skins.
This was so delicious! I left out the green pepper, and simmered the ingredients for only a few minutes since we like our veggies crisp-tender. I used fresh herbs from my very first herb garden, and it was so good! I also omitted the parmesan cheese, and used about 1/4 of the noodles because the veggies were so good on their own.
This is a wonderful dish! My kids loved it. I would add more oregano next time. Leftovers are good cold as a salad.