Pasta with Flavorful Veggies Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; serve with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups sauce over 3/4 cup spaghetti equals 478 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Flavorful Veggies
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.