- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain spaghetti; serve with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta with Flavorful Veggies
"I made this for a luncheon and I added mushrooms to it. I served the cheese separate and let people add what they wanted. It was a big hit and I will definitely make it again."
"I have made this recipe over a handful of times since I came across it in the Taste Of Home Farmers Market edition. It is fast, and delicious and fairly healthy! The only thing I have changed about this recipe is that I use a zucchini and a yellow summer squash instead of 2 zucchini. Perfect!"
"why can't i print this recipe on a 4' x 6' card"