Italian-seasoned veggies are served over pasta and topped with two types of cheese in this fast meal from Rachel Schmeckenbecher of Whitehall, Pennsylvania. She writes, “It's so quick to prepare and so flavorful, but low-fat!”
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain spaghetti; serve with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Flavorful Veggies in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta with Flavorful Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review