Pasta with Eggplant Sauce Recipe
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound thin spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the eggplant, onion, parsley and garlic in oil until tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, mushrooms, sugar, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Serve with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup pasta with 2/3 cup sauce (calculated: 385 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Pasta with Eggplant Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.