This creamy pasta dish is the result of combining two different recipes. I often turn it into a main dish by serving a green salad on the side.—Suzanne Appleyard, Queensbury, New York
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin. Place potato in a large bowl and mash with milk.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute pine nuts and sage in butter until pine nuts are toasted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the sweet potato mixture, salt and pepper. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water; add to sweet potato mixture. Stir in the cheese, pine nut mixture and reserved cooking water. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p135
Reviews for Pasta with Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review