This beautiful pasta is well coated with a delicious garlic-cream sauce. It's a versatile dish that can be served as a side dish or a main dish. —Amy Sauser, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in cream.
- Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Cream Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p43
Reviews for Pasta with Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review