- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in cream.
- Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pasta with Cream Sauce
Sort By :
"Yummy and versatile recipe--I added cubed pre-cooked ham and made it a main dish. Good with Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette (another TOH recipe)."
"Instead of bow tie pasta, I used a garlic chicken tortelloni and it was awesome!!!"
"This was easy to make. I made some alterations: I used fat free half and half (to reduce fat), added some pecorino Romano cheese at the end (about 1/4 cup maybe?), and already cooked chicken breast strips. I also reduced the amount of pasta (to 3/4 lb of penne) and increased both the half and half and chicken broth. It made a thin but tasty sauce. My family would rather have a thinner sauce instead of not enough. As my 11 yr old son would say, this ones a keeper!"
"Yum! Enough said."
"Wonderful! I added mushrooms and peppers to the dish, and it tasted great!"