- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in cream.
- Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pasta with Cream Sauce
"Delicious! I added carrots and cheese tortellini instead of bow tie pasta. Thank you, Amy, for sharing this recipe."
"My family likes lots of sauce with their pasta so we reduced the noodles to 8 oz for this amount of sauce. I used dry seasonings - one tsp each. I thickened it a bit with cornstarch. I kept the noodles and the sauce separate and we ladled it on instead of tossing it in. We also topped it with French fried onions. Yummy!"
"Great recipe! Family enjoyed it. I added peas and ham to make it a meal! Will make again!"
"Yummy and versatile recipe--I added cubed pre-cooked ham and made it a main dish. Good with Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette (another TOH recipe)."
"Instead of bow tie pasta, I used a garlic chicken tortelloni and it was awesome!!!"