Pasta with Chorizo and Spinach Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet; crumble chorizo into the pan. Add the onion, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until chorizo is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Drain pasta; top with chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pasta with Chorizo and Spinach
Sort By :
Love this recipe. I've made it several times. I used Chorizo flavored ground chicken. i also drizzle some of the oil the tomatoes are in on top !!! YUMMY!!!!
Delicious! This will be one of our regular meals.
I made this recipe this evening exactly as stated in the magazine. My husband ate it and said it was "okay". My 9 year old didn't like it at all. I too thought it was just okay. I think because we are used to a more creamier type of sauce with our pastas we thought this seemed more "oily" tasting than flavorful. We won't make this again nor would I recommend it unless you like a non-creamy sauce type pasta dish.