This zippy entree from Athena Russell of Florence, South Carolina looks and tastes special, but it’s a cinch to make. “When I get home from work, I like to prepare quick dishes, and this is one of our favorites,” Athena says.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet; crumble chorizo into the pan. Add the onion, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until chorizo is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Drain pasta; top with chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Chorizo and Spinach in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p33
Reviews for Pasta with Chorizo and Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review