This is a special dish that we enjoy often. A bed of noodles is covered with a creamy cheese sauce, tender squash and strips of chicken that've been stir-fired with flavorful herbs. It's delicious and pretty too! —Pam Hall, Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add cream and butter; cook until butter is melted. Stir until smooth. Add cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Rinse and drain pasta; add to cheese mixture. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons oil until onion is tender. Add squash; cook until tender. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper; remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; cook chicken with herbs and remaining salt until juices run clear. Place pasta on a serving platter; top with chicken and squash. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Chicken and Squash in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pasta with Chicken and Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review