Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
"This dish is not only delicious and attractive, but it saves time because you can prepare the pasta and broccoli in one pan," writes Jan Vallely of Fullerton, California. "A friend at a club meeting shared the recipe."
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti or linguine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the water, pasta and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add the broccoli; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 214 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pasta with Broccoli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC