Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti or linguine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the water, pasta and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add the broccoli; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.