Pasta with Basil Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in basil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain pasta; add to basil mixture. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until it begins to melt. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 332 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pasta with Basil
"Making for first time for supper tonite. Ma very well use idea from previous post about using fresh mushrooms and another herb to add more *delicious*."
"Added 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms and a couple cloves of garlic to the onion and sauted the whole mess. That was good. I would double or triple the veggies though, if I made this again. The overall effect without the veggies was quite bland."