If you like basil, you'll enjoy Italian flavor of this speedy side dish from Jaime Hampton of Birmingham, Alabama. "This is one of my husband's favorites," she writes. "It's super easy to make and tastes wonderful."
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in basil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain pasta; add to basil mixture. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until it begins to melt. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Basil in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p8
Reviews for Pasta with Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review