- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mostaccioli or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cheese. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Pasta with Asparagus
Sort By :
"I am known for this recipe! I serve the hot sauce on the side, but otherwise, I make it exactly according to the directions. I have been making it for about fourteen years, and it is much requested by my friends. It is a perfect meal to share with meat eaters and meat-free eaters. We who eat meat don't miss it. The dish is very hearty!"
"Followed the recipe and loved it!"
"One of my families favorite. I use a little less oil and more cheese and adjust the peppers to taste!!! YUMMY!!!!"
"Excellent choice for a light quick dinner. I used whole wheat thin spaghetti."
"What a great dish! Served this for guests & everyone loved it! Thank you!"