Pasta with Asparagus
Many terrific recipes change hands at the monthly get-togethers of my ladies' bridge group. That's where I discovered this zippy, tempting dish. The garlic, asparagus, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes create an irresistible taste combination. Jean Fisher, Redlands, California
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mostaccioli or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper
- sauce in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, salt and
- pepper; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.