- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mostaccioli or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cheese. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Pasta with Asparagus
"Made just as recipe states, except used different kind of pasta. I even weighed the asparagus and pasta for the correct portions. Lacked flavor. The cheese clumped together. Ended up sprinkling more cheese on top of serving on the plate. If I ever make this again. I will not add the cheese to the dish, but sprinkle on top of the serving."
"I enjoyed this. It's much like cavatelli and broccoli. I used penne pasta."
"easy and delicious! I prepare it as written and we love its simplicity...a great example of "less is more.""
"Heads up an entire teaspoon of red pepper flakes is to much and I like hot spicy food. I cut this in half and it was plenty spicy. I would start with a 1/4 teaspoon and add more per taste. Other than the spice level pretty good, simple to make."
"I am known for this recipe! I serve the hot sauce on the side, but otherwise, I make it exactly according to the directions. I have been making it for about fourteen years, and it is much requested by my friends. It is a perfect meal to share with meat eaters and meat-free eaters. We who eat meat don't miss it. The dish is very hearty!"
"Followed the recipe and loved it!"
"One of my families favorite. I use a little less oil and more cheese and adjust the peppers to taste!!! YUMMY!!!!"
"What a great dish! Served this for guests & everyone loved it! Thank you!"