Pasta Veggie Medley
You won't waste a second making this delicious side dish. Cook the pasta while you're sauteing the vegetables, and they'll be done at the same time.—Edith Ruth Muldoon, Baldwin, New York
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet,
- saute onion in oil until tender. Add zucchini and carrots; stir-fry
- until carrots are tender. Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl. Add
- vegetables and toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.