Pasta Vegetable Salad
It only takes minutes to cook the tricolor pasta, but to really beat the clock, chop the vegetables ahead of time. I sometimes give the salad southwestern flair by adding black beans, frozen corn and salsa. The I top it off with a tomato-based dressing that I've spiced up with taco seasoning.—Helen Turner, Upland, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold
- water. Place in a large bowl; add vegetables. Drizzle with salad
- dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.