Pasta Tuna Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, peas, cheese, olives, pickles, eggs and tuna. Combine salad dressing and pickle juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup: 173 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.