Pasta Tuna Salad Recipe
You can dress up this scrumptious salad and take it most anywhere—from a picnic to a potluck. "Since it's so easy to prepare, I make this nutritious salad often when we're camping," reports Patricia Smith of Canby, Oregon. "It's a real crowd-pleaser in hot weather. Leftovers keep well, too."
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, peas, cheese, olives, pickles, eggs and tuna. Combine salad dressing and pickle juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review