Pasta Taco Salad Recipe
I've taken this dish to 4-H potlucks, church functions and my parents' 50th anniversary party. I also make it for guests. It's a salad with a little spunk!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 3-3/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3-3/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 7 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning; heat through.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar and mustard; set aside.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add beef and mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Add lettuce, tomatoes and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC