- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 3-3/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3-3/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 7 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar and mustard; set aside.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add beef and mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Add lettuce, tomatoes and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Taco Salad
"I substituted sour cream for the mayo. It turned out really good!"
"delicious great pot luck dish gone everytime."
"Maybe instead of mayo use sour cream or yogurt"
"amazing!!! i have had it for lunch for the last two days... the longer it sits the better it is... i add taco sauce to mine at the end..."
"I thought was good but my daughter doesnt care for mayo--is there something you can sub for the mayo?"
"My family loves this salad on a warm night. I also bring it to work pot-lucks and it's always the first salad eaten up!"