Pasta Shells with Herbs Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon, basil, thyme or oregano or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon, basil, thyme or oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the red pepper and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Drain pasta; add to pepper mixture. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 308 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.