- 12 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon, basil, thyme or oregano or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon, basil, thyme or oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the red pepper and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Drain pasta; add to pepper mixture. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pasta Shells with Herbs
"Excellent dish! easy, with outstanding flavor. I used a 16oz box of shell pasta so I increased milk to 3/4cup and used 1&1/2Tbs of dried tarragon and about 3/4 cup fresh parsley. I sauted pepper and 4 garlic cloves in 3 Tbs each of butter and oil. I served this with meatloaf and fresh steamed broccoli. My husband wants me to serve this with italian sausage. I am anxious to make again and try a different herb, or maybe use italian seasoning. This dish has alot of potential with variations of herbs and will complement a variety of main dishes."
"Simple and delicious"
"My whole family LOVED this! It got cleaned up fast and my kids and husband were bummed there wasn't any left. It's so easy to make and will be made often in our house!"