Pasta Shells and Peppers Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) medium shell pasta
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), shredded
- Fresh basil and/or oregano, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. meanwhile, in a skillet, saute peppers in butter for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into bowls; top with tomato mixture. Garnish with basil and/or oregano if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pasta Shells and Peppers(1)
Sort By :
We liked this and will make again but feel the Velveeta was not needed. It made the dish too high in calories and too cheesy tasting. Instead would top the sauce with just a little shredded Italian cheese. Added in 1/2 pound ground beef - cooked and rinsed (a quick rinsing reduces calories & fat). Overall a real easy dish to make. Sauce had good flavor. Great for kids.
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >