Pasta Sausage Supper Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain pasta; divide among six serving plates. Top with spaghetti sauce and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 596 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,359 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Sausage Supper
"Pretty quick and fairly easy. Most of the kids liked the "hot dogs" in it."
"I really liked this! I substituted turkey kielbasa and whole wheat pasta to lower the calories. Very tasty and simple"
"This is a simple dish with a lot of taste . It kind of reminds me of a dish an old friend of mine made.you can easily substitute to lower calories with chicken sausage"
"Pretty basic but still tasty. Was super quick and easy to make"
"This sounds super easy and super quick. I intend to try it first thing on Mon. I like recipies that don't require long time cooking."
"Even tho this is tasty, I don't think my Dr. likes me eating that much salt..."
"sounds like a great dinner dish that I intend to try very soon."