Pasta Sausage Supper
It starts with hearty helpings of Pasta Sausage Supper, a swift stovetop entree featuring sliced kielbasa and bright bell pepper strips served over penne pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, it's a breeze to saute the meat and veggies. At the same time, you can warm the jarred spaghetti sauce in the microwave or in a saucepan.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large
- skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion in oil until sausage
- is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; divide among six serving plates. Top with spaghetti
- sauce and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 596 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,359 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now