Pasta Sausage Supper Recipe
It starts with hearty helpings of Pasta Sausage Supper, a swift stovetop entree featuring sliced kielbasa and bright bell pepper strips served over penne pasta. While the pasta is cooking, it's a breeze to saute the meat and veggies. At the same time, you can warm the jarred spaghetti sauce in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain pasta; divide among six serving plates. Top with spaghetti sauce and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 596 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,359 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Sausage Supper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC