Pasta Sausage Supper Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain pasta; divide among six serving plates. Top with spaghetti sauce and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 596 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1359mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Sausage Supper
"This is a simple dish with a lot of taste . It kind of reminds me of a dish an old friend of mine made.you can easily substitute to lower calories with chicken sausage"
"Even tho this is tasty, I don't think my Dr. likes me eating that much salt..."
"sounds like a great dinner dish that I intend to try very soon."