It starts with hearty helpings of Pasta Sausage Supper, a swift stovetop entree featuring sliced kielbasa and bright bell pepper strips served over penne pasta. While the pasta is cooking, it's a breeze to saute the meat and veggies. At the same time, you can warm the jarred spaghetti sauce in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; divide among six serving plates. Top with spaghetti sauce and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Sausage Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p17
Reviews for Pasta Sausage Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review