Pasta/Sausage Soup Recipe
This is a good soup for our area since we have many good sausage makers. The soup has a rich flavor and is even tastier the next day. If you are unable to find bow tie pasta, you can substitute another macaroni product.
- 1-1/2 pounds hot or sweet Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups water
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Remove casings from sausage; cut into 1-in. pieces. In a Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Return sausage to the pan; stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC