- 1-1/2 pounds hot or sweet Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups water
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Remove casings from sausage; cut into 1-in. pieces. In a Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return sausage to the pan; stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Pasta/Sausage Soup
Sort By :
This is our family favorite soups. I use applegate sausage( chicken and apple).I double the recipe except for the meat. I also like Zucchini in mine. It also freezes well. I also precook the pasta because we like extra sauce.
This soup was very tasty, but the pasta soaked up almost all of the soup. Mine ended up like a casserole. I want to try again but with much less pasta.
My husband said this was a keeper. I used half sweet sausage and half hot sausage and rotini instead of bow ties. It was very flavorful and easy to make.
Easy to make and filling.