Pasta Salad with Shrimp
A Thousand Island-type dressing adds some zip to this pasta and shrimp salad. My family prefers it to oil-based salad dressings.
Mrs. Herbert Waalkens, Albert Lea, Minnesota
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) small shell pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle or dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in a bowl; add the shrimp, celery, 1/4 cup onion, half
- of the chopped eggs and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle,
- Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and remaining onion and eggs.
- Stir into pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 383 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium,