A Thousand Island-type dressing adds some zip to this pasta and shrimp salad. My family prefers it to oil-based salad dressings. —Mrs. Herbert Waalkens, Albert Lea, Minnesota
- 1 package (16 ounces) small shell pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, divided
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle or dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; add the shrimp, celery, 1/4 cup onion, half of the chopped eggs and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and remaining onion and eggs. Stir into pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p208
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Salad with Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review