Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie or small tube pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add cheese, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes and onions. In a blender, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, onion, mustard and salt; gradually add oil, blending until smooth. Add poppy seeds. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-18 servings.
3/4 cup: 255 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
"The dressing is what really makes this salad. It has a great sweet-sour flavor that really goes well with the veggies, even without the pasta! I did try making this with whole-wheat pasta and didn't care for it as much...I think the pasta was too heavy for it. Any/all veggies work well--I've added zucchini & celery with great results."