This pasta salad is frequently requested at family get-togethers. The poppy seed dressing is also delicious in coleslaw or with a tossed salad.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie or small tube pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add cheese, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes and onions. In a blender, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, onion, mustard and salt; gradually add oil, blending until smooth. Add poppy seeds. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing in Country Extra September 1997, p51
Reviews for Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review