- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie or small tube pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add cheese, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes and onions. In a blender, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, onion, mustard and salt; gradually add oil, blending until smooth. Add poppy seeds. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Sort By :
The dressing is what really makes this salad. It has a great sweet-sour flavor that really goes well with the veggies, even without the pasta! I did try making this with whole-wheat pasta and didn't care for it as much...I think the pasta was too heavy for it. Any/all veggies work well--I've added zucchini & celery with great results.
I've been making this recipe for about 5 years now and it's always a hit; whether I make it for home or for a potluck. I like to use a whole grain pasta to make it little healthier.
This is a salad I make often to take to pot lucks and barbeques. It is always a hit and people just love it. I am asked for the recipe often. It is easy to make and looks beautiful. I usually substitute the bowtie pasta with the tri color pasta, it makes it more colorful.